Monday, October 18, 2010

Roasted Pear-Honey Salad

I have to share with you this amazing recipe I found for a roasted pear salad. It comes from a salad cookbook given to me last year as a Christmas gift by one of my sisters. I happened to find bleu cheese at the grocery store this weekend, and had the other ingredients on hand. Pears have not traditionally been one of my favorite fruits. But I am now in love with roasted pears! In fact, there are quite a few fruits and vegetables that taste infinitely better after being roasted.

Begin by peeling and coring the pears. Cut them in half, and place them cut-side down on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Roast them in the oven for about 25 minutes. Then, turn them over, and drizzle with a little honey. Put them back in the oven for about 5 more minutes.

I combined balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper and tossed the vinaigrette with baby spinach. After topping the greens with a roasted pear half, I sprinkled the salad with bleu cheese crumbles and toasted walnuts.


I would never have thought to combine those ingredients together, but I sure am glad someone else did! The flavors were perfectly matched. Not only will I be making this again, but I am also searching for more recipes to try with roasted ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...