Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kitchen Improvisations

This week I was determined to find a new recipe I could make since I haven't done that in a little while. My good friend, Karen, sent me a recipe a few days ago for Mahi Mahi wrapped in bacon with lemon mayonnaise. Hard to imagine anything tasting better than that! I didn't have any fish or bacon on hand, but I was fortunate enough to have some fresh chicken breasts in the refrigerator. Using Karen's recipe for inspiration and with other ingredients I had on hand, here is the result.

I breaded the chicken breasts in seasoned bread crumbs, garlic powder, and basil mixed with a little melted butter. While the chicken baked in the oven, I peeled and boiled potatoes and made a salad of fresh spinach, grapes, green onions, and caramelized walnuts - one of our favorites! After the potatoes were cooked, I mashed them with a little bit of sour cream, Colby and Monterrey Jack cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Next, I made a sauce for the chicken by combining a couple spoonfuls of mayonnaise, a splash of lemon juice, ground pepper, garlic powder, and a pinch of dill. We had a couple pieces of cornbread leftover from earlier in the week to complete the meal. I loved the zesty mayonnaise combined with the chicken and garlic mashed potatoes. It was a light, but flavorful dinner, and Ryan asked that it be put on the regular rotation - always a good sign!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...