Friday, June 4, 2010

Pretty in Pink

My fun project for the weekend was baking and decorating 6 dozen cupcakes. One of Ryan's professors is expecting a baby next month, so the MPH students and faculty had a baby shower for her this afternoon. I spent yesterday afternoon baking the cupcakes 6 at a time in my toaster oven. It took a few hours, but fortunately I had a couple good movies to watch. A friend came over in the evening, and we had so much fun decorating the cupcakes with pink and white frosting and sprinkles and all sorts of yummy toppings.

One of our favorite sodas here in Grenada comes in these pretty bottles. I've been collecting them over the past few months, and decided to use them for the shower as vases. The pink and white flowers are plentiful on the island. I cut some this morning a couple miles from campus. Here are a few pictures of the cupcakes and flowers at the baby shower.











2 comments:

  1. Great job, Sarah! The cupcakes look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Those cupcakes look amazing! I love the flowers and bottles too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...