Sunday, May 2, 2010

Upcoming Events

I thought our two-week vacation was going to be relatively quiet, but it's actually turning out to be pretty busy! Yesterday we had the best time with our friends at the beach. We went to my new favorite restaurant, The Owl, for lunch. I had my first hamburger since coming to Grenada, and it was delicious! They also have a really good nutmeg cheesecake that I split with Ryan. After lunch we spent a couple hours just relaxing on the beach and talking with friends. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Today at church, Ryan and I sang our first duet. It went pretty well, and we were excited to have a couple friends from school join us for the service.

Tomorrow we will be busy packing for our vacation to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic! We looked at flying home over the break, but the cost of airline tickets was too expensive. So we had planned on staying here for the next couple weeks. But on Friday I was bored and started researching hotels in the Caribbean. I found an all-inclusive resort in Punta Cana that was offering a 30% discount plus free transportation to and from the airport. This particular resort is affiliated with the one in Cancun where we stayed on our honeymoon. We loved the variety of restaurants and activities available there and decided to try the same resort in Punta Cana. I can't wait to have a few quiet days where I can catch up on some reading, explore a new island, eat delicious meals without grocery shopping, cooking, or cleaning up, and spend uninterrupted, quality time with Ryan. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures and stories to share when we get home!

The following Tuesday, Ryan and the rest of the PHSA officers decided to have another bake sale! Most of the medical students and undergraduate students will have finals that week, but the MPH program doesn't start its third semester until the following week. So it looks like I'll be spending the Monday after we get home baking! Fortunately, some friends have volunteered to do all the grocery shopping for me this week while I'm gone. I think this time I'll make less variety, but more of each item. If I'm lucky, maybe there will be leftovers to take home!

So it looks like we'll be staying busy the next couple weeks. I like it that way, though, because I'm already counting down the days until we go home in July. And the busier I am, the faster the days go by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...