Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Birthday

Yesterday was my first birthday in the Caribbean, and I decided it’s not a bad place to celebrate! Ryan arranged for us to have dinner at a beautiful little restaurant on the beach with about 10 friends. They had the loveliest private beach where we took some pictures of the incredible sunset.



The restaurant was decorated with exotic plants around the dining area.


Our server was one of the best we’ve had anywhere on the island. (Customer service is not the strong point down here.) But he made an effort to learn our names and was very attentive. Ryan and I both had the Porterhouse Steak topped with sautéed mushrooms and onions. It was one of the best meals I’ve had in a long time. After dinner, our server brought out a dessert for me with a candle on top! And it was the exact dessert I was planning to order – Grand Etang Mud Pie: coffee, vanilla, and chocolate ice cream on a chocolate crumb crust topped with hot fudge sauce and whipped cream. Amazing! And such a thoughtful gesture.


Following our delicious dinner and dessert, we went back to our friends’ house to play games and watch the Boston-Orlando game. A special thank you to the Celtics for my birthday gift of heading to another NBA Championship! I know they won just for me. We ended up staying out well past midnight playing Monopoly.


During the evening, a few of the girls disappeared next door for a while and came back with a Funfetti birthday cake complete with 25 candles! We have the sweetest friends down here, and they helped to make the day so special.

I told Ryan I didn’t need any gifts this year (especially since he had already bought me the countertop oven). But at the end of the evening, he surprised me with a gorgeous bracelet made here in Grenada.


Thank you to all my wonderful friends and family for the kind birthday wishes and cards I received. You made my day!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, what a fun birthday! So glad it was special! :) The sunset is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...