Monday, February 6, 2012

It's a ...

Secret!! For just a couple more weeks, though. I had an ultrasound this afternoon and they were able to see the gender of our baby. We will announce whether we are having a little boy or a little girl in about 3 weeks at our gender reveal party. Originally, I planned to have the sonographer write down the gender for me to bring to a friend who would then make cupcakes with pink or blue filling for our party. But for some reason, he would only tell me the gender and said he couldn't write it down. I guess they do things a little differently in Grenada. So now I'll be the one making the cupcakes and trying to keep a secret for the next three weeks! Ryan wants to be surprised, so I haven't even told him.

Everything else looked perfect on the ultrasound today. The baby was kicking and moving and is measuring right on schedule. I've been able to feel lots of little kicks, especially in the evenings. And Ryan has felt a few kicks as well. I'll be 20 weeks on Thursday. It's hard to believe we're halfway there! I honestly have loved every minute of it and am so thankful for good health and an easy pregnancy.


Our party is scheduled for Saturday, February 25. We've reserved a beautiful room on campus overlooking the water. I have been busy making decorations and planning the menu, and can't wait to share pictures with you in a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. You look great! Gender reveal parties are so fun!! I know you're having fun planning it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...