Sunday, November 21, 2010

More Crafted Items

It's been a little while since I've posted a knitting update. I think I'm coming to the end of my projects for the semester. It's too close to flying home for me to start something, but I feel a little lost without some yarn and needles sitting by my bed. Here's what I've completed recently (and no surprise, they are all baby hats):

First, a chunky brown beanie made of organic cotton. It was knit on large needles so it's extremely soft and stretchy. This little hat was a quick knit as the large needles required only a small number of stitches. I experimented with the look and ripped out a couple hats before coming up with this one.


I also made a pair of matching Mary Jane booties. I don't have a picture of those, but you might be seeing them a little later.

Next, we have a soft pink lacy hat. I think it will be cuter on a baby, because the picture on the pattern is absolutely precious. This was a free online pattern from Lion Brand Yarn.


Finally, I've been a little obsessed lately with baby earflap hats. I think they are just the cutest and can be for little boys or girls. I found a simple pattern on Ravelry and used a beautiful gray bamboo/wool blend with a couple cream stripes. (Sidenote: If you are interested in knit or crocheted projects, check out http://www.ravelry.com/. It is the best online resource for finding new patterns - a lot of which are free.)




If I make this hat again, I will start the stripes a little lower and probably make three instead of two.

I also am almost done with an adorable cardigan hooded sweater. The only problem is I ran out of yarn. I know, I know - one of the first lessons any knitter learns is to buy enough yarn to complete the whole project. Technically, I did have enough yarn, but I used some of it to make the blue slouchy hat and honestly thought I had another ball of yarn in my bag. I'm hoping that A.C. Moore still has that yarn in stock while I'm home, or else I guess I'm ripping out the hat! A hoodie with no hood and only one arm probably wouldn't be much use for anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...