Sunday, July 4, 2010

Celebrating American-Style

Late this afternoon, some of our fellow American students invited us to an impromptu Fourth of July cookout. It was the perfect way to celebrate, even though we are far from home. The guys grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, ribs, and corn on the cob. I brought a yellow cake with Funfetti frosting and a banana cream pie since those were the only things I had on hand. My vision of a cake decorated like the American flag with strawberry stripes and blueberry stars will have to wait until next year.





God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...